This camp is a “Next Level” Catholic HEART Workcamp. It is open to those entering the 9th grade in the fall of 2018 and older. This camp has a schedule that is a little different; read more about our 4th of July Camps.
- Muskegon Catholic Central is located in the heart of Muskegon, Michigan, about 45 minutes from the second largest city in Michigan – Grand Rapids.
- Showers are on-site and there are two separate locations that should provide for opportunity of adults and young campers to shower separately but at the same time.
- While the entire school does not have air-conditioning, many of the rooms where campers will stay do have AC.
- The school is within a 5-minute drive from the coast of Lake Michigan, which provides wonderful lake attractions and tourist activities.
- Many of the work projects at this time are likely to be connected to the local social agency Love INC (In the Name of Christ). Many of the projects will be indoor/outdoor projects for residents of Muskegon and the greater Muskegon area, such as home repair, painting and landscaping.
- Other work will include connecting with other social agencies including clothing banks, shelters and housing associations.
Michigan Adventure (15 mins away)
It is the largest amusement park in the state. It has 53 rides, more than any other park in the state. The park also includes an outdoor water park (Wild Water Adventure), a Skycoaster attraction named Ripcord, go-karts, and a miniature golf course.
Happy Mohawk Canoe Livery
Happy Mohawk is a local favorite canoe/kayak and tubing rental attraction that provides relaxing trips down the beautiful White River. Great location for groups who are welcoming of a nature adventure with the chance to see some of the states beautiful wildlife and scenery.
Pere Marquette Beach
As previously stated, West Michigan is home to some of the most picture perfect sunset beaches in the area and have numerous local parks and designated public beach access points. Join people from all over the country who enjoy coming to one of the largest fresh bodies of water in the world great for swimming, fishing, and sun bathing.
St. Louis Zoo
This attraction is a museum that offers tours aboard a historic US naval submarine.
Silver Lake Dune Rides (50 mins away)
You are hosted by knowledgeable drivers who understand the history and environment of the constantly changing sand mountains. A Mac Wood’s Dune Ride is a thrilling experience! To climb to the summit and see spread in all directions such a vast panorama is breathtaking!
Grand Rapids Attractions
Fredrick Meijer Gardens, John Ball Zoo, President Gerald R. Ford Museum, Grand Rapids Public Museum, and the West Michigan White Caps baseball.