Muskegon Catholic Central School
This camp is a “Next Level” Catholic HEART Workcamp. It is open to those entering the 9th grade in the fall of 2017 and older.
- Muskegon Catholic Central is located in the heart of Muskegon Michigan 45 minutes from the second largest city in Michigan Grand Rapids.
- Showers are on site and there are two separate locations that should provide for opportunity of adults and young campers to shower separately but at the same time.
- While the entire school does not have air conditioning, many of the rooms where campers will stay will have AC.
- The school is within 5 minutes drive from the coast of Lake Michigan and as such much of town has wonderful lake attractions and tourist activities.
- Many of the work projects at this time are likely to be connected to the local social agency Love INC. (In the Name of Christ) As such many of the projects will be indoor/outdoor projects for residents of Muskegon and the greater Muskegon area such as home repair, painting, and landscaping.
- Other work will include connection to other social agencies including clothing banks, shelters, and housing associations.
FREE DAY ACTIVITIES
15 minute drive from MCC
It is the largest amusement park in the state. It has 53 rides, more than any other park in the state. The park also includes an outdoor water park (Wild Water Adventure), a Skycoaster attraction named Ripcord, go-karts, and a miniature golf course.
Happy Mohawk Canoe Livery
Happy Mohawk is a local favorite canoe/kayak and tubing rental attraction that provides relaxing trips down the beautiful White River. Great location for groups who are welcoming of a nature adventure with the chance to see some of the states beautiful wildlife and scenery.
Pere Marquette Beach
As previously stated West Michigan is home to some of the most picture perfect sunset beaches in the area and have numerous local parks and designated public beach access points. Join people from all over the country who enjoy coming to one of the largest fresh bodies of water in the world great for swimming, fishing, and sun bathing.
USS Silversides Museum
This attraction is a museum that offers tours aboard a historic US naval submarine.
Silver Lake Dune Rides
You are hosted by knowledgeable drivers who understand the history and environment of the constantly changing sand mountains. A Mac Wood’s Dune Ride is a thrilling experience! To climb to the summit and see spread in all directions such a vast panorama is breathtaking! 50 Minutes away.
Grand Rapids Attractions
Fredrick Meijer Gardens, John Ball Zoo, President Gerald R. Ford Museum, Grand Rapids Public Museum, and the West Michigan White Caps baseball.