We are looking for new host facilities. If you want to bring Catholic HEART Workcamp to your area please fill out the form at the bottom of this page.
Do you want to….
- Change your community for the better!
- Help your local community enjoy safer more attractive housing through home repairs.
- Give residents new pride and desire to work in improving their own home and surroundings.
- Give young people an opportunity to be of service to those in need.
- Help young people develop self-respect and positive self image.
- Help young people use their gifts and abilities in new ways.
This is what we are looking for in a host facility:
- Sleeping Area: Classrooms, large multi-purpose area room, or gym. Participants sleep on air mattresses on the floor. Typically we need 15-20 classrooms, depending on how many people register. Usually we can place 25 people in each classroom. A gym or large room will also work. We prefer classrooms because it limits the noise level for sleeping and offers more privacy. Lights out: 11 :00 PM and wake up: 6:15 AM.
- Program Area: Auditorium, Gym, or Multi-Purpose Room. Catholic HEART Workcamp will use the program area each morning from 7:30-8:30 and each evening from 6:00-9:30. We set up a lot of wires, stage lights, audio equipment, banners and a large projector screen. Leaving up the equipment for the week is preferred. Friday is a free day, we need the program area from 8:00-11 :00 AM.
- Tool Room: Large Classroom, Garage, Gym or Storage Area. Tools such as rakes, paint brushes, drop clothes etc. are stored here. It is helpful if this room is located near a door with direct access to the outside, so participants can easily enter/exit with tools and supplies. A tarp is placed on the floor to avoid any damage.
- Kitchen/Cafeteria: We will need the kitchen for breakfast from 6:00 – 9:00 AM & for dinner from 2:00-7:00 PM each day to prepare and clean up.
- Workcamp Office: Space is needed with a land line if cell coverage is limited. This office space is designated for the CHWC Staff.
- Shower Facilities: Shower facilities needed for use from 6:30-7:30 AM, 3:00-5:00 PM and 9:00-10:00 PM. We prefer to have them available all day.
SET-UP: CHWC‘s Team of 9 will arrive Saturday, the day before camp “officially” starts. A local parish youth group will help us prepare the school if anything needs to be done, such as moving desks out of classrooms for more space. Our kitchen supplies will also be dropped off in the kitchen and work supplies in a tool room designated by your school. The Workcamp participants arrive on Sunday. Registration begins at noon. Workcamp participants leave between 8:00-8:30 each morning and return at 3:00 Mon-Thursday. Friday is a free day. The participants leave Saturday morning by 9:00. There is no breakfast on Saturday morning. The CHWC staff and a local parish group help clean up after the camp