👍Apply to be a Host Youth Group
Your group will receive:
- A cash donation: (dollar amount depends on time given)
- A free camp T-shirt for up to 10 people.
- Experience the evening program of CHWC on Tuesday and Thursday.
- A blessing from God for being His servant!
- A spirit of community among your group.
- Interact with some great folks and make some new friends.
- Free dinner each day.
Host Youth Group Guidelines
While being a local youth group serving at CHWC we do require…
- Each person to fill out a medical release form/release of all claims.
- Your youth group to sleep at their own homes.
- At least five members but no more than ten volunteers.
- That you choose mature responsible servant leaders.
- Young people to be supervised by an adult (from your group) at all times.
- That your group does not attend a worksite.
- Volunteers must comply with grade level of the camp.
Host Youth Group Responsibilities
While you are serving, we need your help in the following areas. You can choose to do all of these things or only a few.
- On the day before the camp begins unload the CHWC Truck (this is usually around 3:00 pm). Also assist in moving desks in the classrooms, sweep floors, hang signs, clean where needed.
- The first day of camp (camp begins on Sunday) assist in last minute set-up details, greet work campers & help carry luggage.
- Help serve and clean up the dinners.
- Reload the CHWC Truck. The truck is packed on Friday morning.
- On the final morning of camp (usually Saturday) assist the CHWC staff with the school clean up, returning desks, sweeping floors, etc.