Registration for all 2018 International camps is open.
Registration is on a first come, first serve basis. Please only reserve spaces you can fill.
- Grenada and St. Croix:
- PRICE: $595.00 per person (NOT including flight)
- Initial deposit – $90 per person (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- 50% of balance is due by March 1st
- Final balance is due by May 1st
- Rome 2018:
- PRICE: $3,295.00 per person (flight included)
- Initial deposit – $295 per person (non-refundable, non-transferable)
- First payment $1500 is due by September 1st, 2017
- Last/final payment $1500 is due by January 1st, 2018
- Deposits can be made by check or credit card (we accept MasterCard & Visa). For deposits made by check, CHWC must receive the check within 7 days of your registration date or your spots will be released.
- Please make checks payable to Catholic HEART Workcamp and mail to:Catholic HEART Workcamp
P.O. Box 2226
Goldenrod, FL 32733
- Deposit are non-refundable and non-transferable to another member’s registration at any time. However, you can substitute the cancellation with a new participant.
- Registration refunds (minus the deposit) are available if you cancel before your final balance is due.
- The entire registration fee will be forfeited for cancellations after the final payment due date. If payments are not received by the due date of your final payment, the reserved space(s) will be cancelled to make room for other groups on the waiting list.
- For any unforeseen circumstances that forces Catholic HEART Workcamp to cancel a camp (such as a natural disaster), our policy is as follows…
- You may receive a refund of your total registration fee minus the deposit OR….
- You may apply your total registration fee (minus your deposits) towards your registration for the following summer.
- NOTE: For campers attending the Rome camp, Airline ticket refunds will be done on a case by case basis.
- Please note that if you delete campers you will lose your deposit per camper. Registration refunds (minus the deposit) are available if you cancel prior May 1st.
- For Rome:
If you cancel after September 1st (date of first payment) you will lose your deposit of $295 and receive your flight credit plus any remaining payments that you made out to CHWC.
All cancellations must be made by May 1st.
INTERNATIONAL TRIPS FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Our International camps are open to groups that meet the following guidelines:
- We require one adult (21 years and older) for every five young people.
- We ask that groups please bring at least one adult male and one adult female if you are bringing both male and female young people.
- Camps during the Summer – Open to students entering their sophomore year of high school and older.
- Camps during the school year – Open to high school sophomores and older.
Unfortunately, we do not accept individual registrations.
We ask that you please ensure you are up-to-date with routine shots, such as the poliovirus vaccine measles/mumps/rubella (MMR) vaccine, diphtheria/pertussis/tetanus (DPT) vaccine, etc.
CHWC does not require any additional vaccinations. However, we ask that you please see your health professional at least 4-6 weeks before the trip for advice on your specific needs. You may also visit www.cdc.gov for travelers’ health information (adequate fluid intake and insect protection measures are essential). Please note that the level of risk for vaccine-preventable diseases can change at any time.
Yes, we hold health and safety as our top priorities while overseas. Each location is carefully selected with that concern in mind. Our staff members (both local and U.S.), and any adult camper who may be overseeing a project, will be given a cell phone. Our staff members will also have access to transportation, as well as an excellent knowledge of the country. Additionally, each work team will receive a first aid kit while at their sites.
Delicious and nutritious. We will eat local food with a flavor of the culture. Some meals will also be similar to that of which we would eat back home in the states. The food will be prepared by both local people and at times the CHWC staff. All meals will be cooked up to American health standards.
PASSPORTS ARE REQUIRED and must be valid for 6 months past the date of entry. Visa’s are not required. St. Thomas and St. Croix are exceptions, please visit their pages directly for details.
After you have registered your group, please feel free to book your tickets anytime! Along with your paperwork, there will be a travel form for you to share with us your travel details.
You may purchase the tickets however you wish:
- Travel Agents – Tend to be most convenient, but expensive.
- Travel search engines – We suggest google.com/flights.
- Groups ticket sales – Most airlines usually require at least 10 passengers to get group rates. Contact the airline directly for more info.
See the travel information on the individual country page.
You will arrive and depart on the actual first and last day listed for camp.
- NOTE: If your camp includes an optional extra free day that you will be staying for, departure day would be a day later.
- EXAMPLE: If camp is listed as June 13-19, you would arrive on the 13th and depart on the 19th. If you are staying for an extra free day, departure would be the 20th.
Earlier flights are always preferred but we want you to be able to get the most cost effective tickets, so please book whichever best fits your budget and we will set up bus times around you. If flights are much cheaper a day before or a day after camp, we may still have some options for you. Please contact us directly at the home office for more information.