So You Registered for CHWC… Now What?!
The following is a “roadmap” to guide you to your week with CHWC!
*NOTE: This is just a suggested timeline to follow to help prepare you for the best week EVER! You may need to adjust things to fit to your group.
CHWC official deadlines and dates are identified with red text.
|NOW!||Follow us to stay up to
date with information
|All Year||Fundraising||Fundraising Blog Post!|
|Within 7 Business Days||Deposit Due! $100/per person||My Account Page|
|December||Promote! Hang the poster (CHWC
will mail to you) with the theme &
week/location for your group!
|Promote Page (digital version also available)|
|December||Host a meeting to recruit. Use CHWC
powerpoint to explain, “What is CHWC?”
Download PowerPoint from
link above, script in notes section
|December||Expect email from CHWC office
Review & Save pre-trip link from email
|Pre-Trip Link from Email|
|January||Expect email from camp manager
regarding policies in Diocese of camp
location & any school/site specifics
|February 1||Payment Due! 1/2 of remaining balance||My Account Page|
|April 1||Payment Due! Remaining balance
LAST DAY TO DROP SPOTS without penalty
|My Account Page|
|May 1||Digital Paperwork & Applications Due!||Pre-Trip Link from Email|
|Week Before Camp||Double check all paperwork is ready (don’t forget to make copies of your medical forms!)||Pre-Trip Link from Email|
|Week of Camp||HAVE FUN!||Enjoy the experience!|
Bonus Pro-Tips to help you prepare:
- Pack road-trip games for your travel days
- Bring fans (personal or box) and ear plugs for sleeping rooms
- Some groups make their own t-shirts to wear on the first/arrival day. It’s a fun way to represent your parish. You can even add our logo (file found on our Promote page) if you would like. Check out our albums on Facebook for ideas on what other groups have done in the past.
- CHWC will provide a free t-shirt to every camper distributed during the week. Many groups wear these on the last day of camp (Friday) for the free day.
- Bring labeled coolers and storage containers for snacks, and ALSO bring one cooler per adult that will need to go with them to a worksite each day for work team lunches (large cooler bags work great for this!).