This camp is a “Next Level” Catholic HEART Workcamp. It is open to those entering the 9th grade in the fall of 2020 and older.
- Central to the school district, South Winneshiek houses a mere 300+ high school students.
- Only some of the sleeping rooms are air-conditioned. You may want to bring a box fan just in case.
- Program will be in a gym without air-conditioning; however, a new air exchange system has recently been implemented that keeps it a comfortable temperature.
- There are bleachers and chairs in the program area.
- There is a large room for relaxing during free time, as well as a nice grassy area for activities outside.
Off the Driftless (15 mins away)
Currently offering tubes, canoes and kayaks for rent. They shuttle you up the Upper Iowa River to different put-ins, with you landing at their business location, or you can take the equipment yourself. Make sure to plan ahead and reserve your activity. Great for beginners or experienced levels! Read more about Off the Driftless.
Winneshiek County Fair (20 mins away)
You’re in luck! The Winneshiek County Fair, AKA the ‘Biggest Little Fair in Iowa’, will be going on during the week of camp. On Friday, there is usually a live band with great music for all ages, especially high schoolers. Get your favorite fair food and enjoy the small town community. Find more details here.
Lost Island Waterpark (1 hr 20 mins away)
Lost Island is a tropical getaway hidden in the heart of the Midwest. Walking through the gates will make you feel like you just stepped off in some far destination. Enjoy the Wailua Kupua, one of the first hydromagnetic watercoasters in the country! Splash around in Tsunami Bay, race your friends down Ta’Katipo or float around the Kailahi River. With over 20 attractions at the park, you won’t get bored!
Adventureland (3 hrs away)
This amusement park and water park is located about three hours south of Calmar, a good stopping point if you decide to head out on Friday morning. Adventureland has over 100 rides, shows and attractions including some of the country’s most exciting roller coasters and thrill rides. There are also plenty of rides for the less adventurous guests. Between magic shows, circus acts and live music, there’s something for everyone! Click here for more details.