- Founded in 1831, St. Xavier High School is one of the oldest schools in the Midwest. This Jesuit, all-boys school is on 110 acres on the top of a hill in the Finneytown part of Cincinnati.
- The entire building is air conditioned.
- Program will be held in the Theater and air conditioned classrooms will serve as sleeping quarter for campers.
- There are plenty of showers on site, but they are communal so bathing suits are required.
- Plenty of parking and easy access for buses and all vehicles adjacent to the school. Gyms will be accessible for free time and there is a great track and trails for runners.
- St. Xavier is connected with dozens of agencies in the tristate area (Ohio, Kentucky & Indiana). This connection will allow for a variety of projects to serve the community and connect with the great people of the area.
King’s Island & Soak City Water Park (30 mins northeast)
King’s Island amusement park is home to over 100 attractions, including 15 roller coasters and a 33-acre water park. Enjoy your day riding the longest roller coaster in the world – The Beast. Or take a plunge from 315 feet in the air on Drop Tower: Scream Zone. Or relax in the sun and the water in Soak City.
Ohio Riverboat Tours (30 mins south)
Daily sightseeing, dining and unforgettable views. Sailing from Newport Landing on the banks of the beautiful Ohio River, BB Riverboats offers group lunch cruises, dinner cruises and many specialty cruises.
Cincinnati Zoo (15 mins south)
The Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden is the second-oldest zoo in the United States, opening in 1875. Explore exhibits containing more than 500 animal species, including red pandas, lions, and giraffes, making it a perfect choice for lovers of wildlife. Plus, in the botanical garden you’ll be able to admire more than 3,000 plant species.
Cincinnati Museum Center (20 mins south)
The Cincinnati History Museum is an urban history museum that opened in 1990. The museum features the recreated Cincinnati Public Landing from the mid 1860s and an exhibit covering Cincinnati’s role in World War II. Museum Center’s collection encompass more than 1.8 million artifacts, art works and archives and is incorporated into the exhibition, research and education programs.