This camp is a “Next Level” Catholic HEART Workcamp. It is open to those entering the 9th grade in the fall of 2020 and older.
- St. Francis Catholic Academy is Gainesville’s first and only Catholic high school. It opened in 2004.
- There is air conditioning throughout the school, including the gym/program area, eating area, classrooms and hallways.
- Both men’s and women’s showers are individual stalls with curtains. (NOTE: Swimsuits are still mandatory though.)
- There is plenty of outdoor space for free time activities, including a track, football field, basketball court and general open area.
- Some of the projects will include working with Gainesville Fire Rescue CRP (Community Resource Paramedics) to build ramps for wheelchair-bound residents so they aren’t trapped in their homes.
Disney World/Universal Studios (2 hrs away)
Orlando, FL is home to Disney World and Universal Studios, both located less than a two hour drive from Gainesville. Spend the day with Mickey, Goofy and the rest of the gang at Disney World or check out Harry Potter world and Islands of Adventure at Universal.
The Canyons Zip Line & Canopy Tour (40 mins away)
The Canyons are for the adventure-seekers of the group. Take a canopy tour of the area, including 9 zip lines, 2 rope bridges and a rappel. For a less intense option, you can also take a shorter tour of 5 zip lines and 1 rope bridge. Kayak tours and horseback riding are additional activities available. Discounts available for groups but you must plan and schedule ahead of time.
Gilchrist Blue Springs State Park (40 mins away)
Gilchrist Blue Springs State Park is the newest addition to Florida State Parks. Named after a large second magnitude spring in the park that shows outstanding water clarity, the park contains a collection of natural springs. You can paddle, snorkel and swim at the main springhead and spring run, and have lunch at one of the pavilions throughout the park.
University of Florida (25 mins away)
Take a walk around the beautiful UF campus, located in the center of Gainesville. Their 2,000 acre campus is home to almost 40,000 undergrad students and is worth a look around, especially for any of those soon-to-be college students.