This camp is an “Elevate” Catholic HEART Workcamp. It is open to those entering the 9th grade in the fall of 2019 and older.
This camp has a schedule that is a little different; see more info about our 4th of July Camps.
- Showers: There are showers on site – private for girls, communal for boys. There are separate and private showers for adults.
- Program Area: Program takes place in an air-conditioned state-of-the-art auditorium.
- Sleeping Arrangements: This school has dorms but the campers will not be sleeping in them as they are not air conditioned. The sleeping area will be in the academic buildings which do have air-conditioning so the teens and chaperons will need air mattresses.
- Additional Information: The Manchester, NH Airport is the closer (and usually cheaper) airport to fly into. Manchester is 25 min away – Boston (Logan) is 45 – 60 min away.
- In Boston, we work mainly in Merrimack Valley (Lowell and Lawrence). Lawrence is the 2nd poorest city in Massachusetts. We also do a lot of work for the elderly through elder care services in the local cities.
- We also work with a camp for “exceptional children” – children with special needs, homeless shelters for women and children, an orphanage and a home for teenage mothers and their children.
- Worksites also include social service centers, such as food banks, homeless shelters and soup kitchens.
Six Flags New England
Six Flags New England features more than 100 thrilling rides, shows and attractions! Headlined by eight fun and furious roller coasters, the park also features live Hollywood-style shows plus a huge water park.
Boston DUCK Tour
You will see landmarks such as the State House and Bunker Hill, Boston Common, and then your DUCK goes right into the Charles River for a breathtaking view of the Boston and Cambridge skylines, the kind of view you just won’t get anywhere else.
The red line on the sidewalk leads you on this 2.5-mile, self-guided tour of Revolutionary sites, which starts at the Boston Common, America’s oldest public park, and ends up at the famed Bunker Hill Monument.
Guests are transported into a real-world gaming environment; an experience we call Questing. Teams of 3-5 guests literally move through our Quests tackling a variety of mental and physical challenges. Success in the first challenge means entry into the next challenge and so on. Failure in any challenge means starting over or selecting another Quest.
Faneuil Hall Marketplace
Faneuil Hall is one of America’s most famous shopping and dining experiences. In the heart of Boston, Faneuil Hall Marketplace is adjacent to historic Faneuil Hall and is bordered by the financial district, the waterfront, the North End, Government Center and Haymarket.
Boston Red Sox – Fenway Park
Fenway Park is one of the oldest baseball parks in the United States. It’s small, intimate atmosphere really allows you to feel like you are “in the game”. On a warm summer night there is nothing better than going to the park, and watching the game. The park is situated right in downtown Boston.