This camp is an “Elevate” Catholic HEART Workcamp. It is open to those entering the 9th grade in the fall of 2019 and older.
- Showers – Bishop McGuinness High School has more than enough showers; there are at least 10 showers for girls locker rooms and boys locker room in the gym, plus showers in the visitors and coaches offices. The football facility had 6-8 in each locker room before and will have added after the renovation. The baseball facility has two as well.
- Program Area – The program area is in an auditorium that is air conditioned.
- Sleeping Arrangements – Campers sleep in the classrooms and they are air conditioned.
- Additional Information – Oklahoma summers can be very hot! We are blessed to be in a new school and want to keep the facilities nice, so we need the help of all our workcampers to help us keep it nice.
- Help renew and revitalize neighborhoods and breathe new life into the facilities of many social service agencies. As Oklahoma is the “Land of the Red Man”, some projects will be serving the Citizen Pottowatomi Nation’s residents. Come experience Oklahoma’s rich history and culture with this opportunity to be Christ’s hands and feet for Oklahoma’s people.
- There are day care projects with the Citizen Potawatomi Nation. We also work with homeless shelters and the Oklahoma Regional Food Bank.
- The people of Oklahoma are very friendly and open to having newcomers around. Many of are people are in need of help and truly appreciate all that you will do for them.
Oklahoma National Memorial Center
The Oklahoma City National Memorial is unique. There is nothing like it anywhere. It is a haven for all those seeking comfort and serenity. It is an enriching educational experience for all those trying to understand why. The Oklahoma City National Memorial is a place of education for the generations.
The Cowboy and Western Heritage Museum
The mission of the National Cowboy & Western Heritage Museum is to preserve and interpret the heritage of the American West for the enrichment of the public.
Frontier City Amusement Park
Saddle up for some good ol’ Wild West fun at Frontier City. You’ll find over 50 thrilling rides and attractions to explore, like four nail-biting roller coasters, fantastic water rides, and hours of fun for children.
White Water Bay Water Park
Explore our 25 acres of wet and wonderfully entertaining attractions – from slippery slides and high-speed dives to lazy, relaxing rivers! From Cannonball Falls to the Acapulco Cliff Dive, White Water Bay has thrilling slides that combine speed with wild and wet fun.
Oklahoma City Zoo
The Oklahoma City Zoo and Botanical Garden – 100 years and still driving you wild! The Zoo features a diverse and fascinating animal and plant collection. The Zoo is a fully accredited member of the American Zoo and Aquarium Association (AZA) and the American Association of Museums (AAM) as both a living museum and a botanical garden.